- a new wineskin of church that is ideally more relational, charismatic and organic
- the spirit of the pilgrim church - a willingness to change and respond to any new thing that God does
- the concept of real commitment to the local church community
- understanding of church as organic community
- the value of voluntary submission to anointed leadership and authority in the church (with some caveats)
- openness to being discipled, sacrificing independence and having a teachable spirit
- an end to the one-man show in church ministry and realising everyone is called to 'ministry'
- the recovery of the ministries of apostles and prophets
- a challenge to religiosity and super-spirituality
- freedom and passionate extravagance in praise and worship
- living a life of overcoming faith
- a theology of hope - that we can be part of preparing a bride for the king, and begin the process of transforming this world by advancing his kingdom before Jesus returns!
Is there anything that those of you who have been part of this movement (or been influenced by its message) over the years, would add to this list?
(By the way, if you struggle to connect in order to leave a comment, please let me know; others have told me this has been a problem).